Look Inside Instead of Outside : A Russian Tale

It was fine Rainy Sunday Morning. Salaried people think businessman have more freedom and they can take holiday whenever they want, but they don’t know that he has to sacrifice Sundays as well more often.

I had an important meeting scheduled on Sunday so I disappointed my friends’ plan to go on Outing and sadden my mom that I am not coming home to eat her exciting new recipe which she was planning since a week. I headed to office with not much enthusiasm. Even Breakfast and two cup of Tea didn’t help me. I was riding a bike at lower speed than everyday. The mechanism of my brain started getting stories, pictures, arguments which I failed miserably, plans which I never put in action, commitments which I thought of starting every next morning, people and promises on which I depended and ended up with broken heart.  My body was riding bike but I was in entirely different world. Thoughts of things made me smile and incidents put me in anguish were in front of me as if a movie reel was moving. 
 
My regretting side of mind brought one Russian tale in front of me along with hundred other thoughts, which was as follow.

There was a steamer carrying few people from Russia to a nearby island. It was three days route in sea way.  There were a rich and a poor man travelling together. The Rich man use to count his money every night, hide it somewhere and sleep. That poor man found him sleeping quietly and thought of stealing his money. He searched everywhere but failed to find. Same thing happened for next two days of this travel. When they got down from the steamer, the poor man couldn’t resist to ask him, “I looked everywhere to steal your money but could not find, where do you used to hide them?”

That Rich man smirked and said, “I knew you will search everywhere but you will never search under your own bed. I hid them under your bed.”

It is very simple but meaningful that sometimes what we want is actually lies within us but we don’t care to look inside and keep looking in outer world and end up becoming miserable.

Well this story has nothing to do with my boring Sunday meeting but gaining knowledge itself widens the length of your lips. I smiled and thought I might found out inside what I want. I stretched my back , increased the speed of my bike and regained enthusiasm in me.  

Photo Source :- Internet 
get in touch :- vijayshah113@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

તર્ક , વિતર્ક, કુતર્ક

शादी तो नहीं हुई पर संसार आज भी राधा- कृष्ण ही जपता हे!!

બાયલો છે લા આતો…બૈરીનો માર ખાય છે!!